Features of HMC board.
Working with Micron and Altera, Arira Platforms has developed the industry’s FIRST working hardware that showcases Micron’s Revolutionary Hybrid Memory Cube Technology.
Features of our board include:
ATX form-factor with ATX power connector enabling installation in standard PC chassis
Four Altera Stratix V FPGAs
Each Altera FPGA connects to a full width HMC link (x16 lanes) at 10Gbps
Each Altera FPGA uses internal NIOS processor for memory control
Each Altera FPGA has local flash for maintaining programming image
Each Altera FPGA provides a 1GbE connection for management/control
Each Altera FPGA has USB interface for fast programming
Linear Technology power monitoring components and software for measuring power consumption on a “per rail” basis
Power measured for entire board
Power measured for each FPGA block
- Micron HMC x4 link evaluation board in industry standard ATX form-factor
- Board schematic in .pdf
- FPGA images including HMC controller and 10/100/1000Tx Ethernet interface
- Altera .qsf project file for easy setup of custom Altera FPGA designs
- Micron HMC Performance evaluation GUI for Windows 7 and Windows 8 machine
Hybrid Memory Cube is a revolutionary innovation in DRAM memory architecture that sets a new standard for memory performance, power consumption and cost.
- Micron HMC Combines high-speed logic process technology with a stack of through-silicon-via (TSV) bonded memory die.
- Micron HMC delivers dramatic improvements in performance, breaking through the memory wall and enabling dramatic performance and bandwidth improvements – a single Micron HMC can provide more than 15x the performance of a DDR3 module.
- The revolutionary architecture of Micron HMC is exponentially more efficient than current memory, utilizing 70% less energy per bit than DDR3 DRAM technologies.
- Hybrid Memory Cube’s increased density per bit and reduced form factor contribute to lower total cost of ownership, by allowing more memory into each machine and using nearly 90% less space than today’s RDIMMs.