Communications equipment manufacturers need to keep up with a wave of constant changes in the industry. The current bandwidth explosion means that our customers are fighting harder than ever for their lives. Often, they need a design team with the breadth and experience of companies like Arira to meet ever demanding schedules and the ability to meet cost pressures.
One of our first clients, Woven Systems (now Fortinet), needed a team who understood the challenges involved in designing a 10GbE Carrier Class Ethernet Fabric Switch from the ground up. The technology involved in this design set the standard for next generation multi-core servers, server consolidation and virtualization, IP storage and data center grids.
Woven 10GbE Switch
Unique design features of this project include:
- Woven ASIC design which provided optimal traffic management through unique load balancing algorithms
- Hot replaceable cards and redundant management and switch fabrics for reliable hardware
- Unique cooling and orthogonal interconnect solution reduces hardware costs by enabling low-cost PCB fab materials
- Scalable architecture
For this project, Arira provided:
- Hardware and chassis architecture support
- EDS authoring
- Schematic development
- CPLD design
- PCB layout guidelines & management
- Validation & compliance testing
Engineered by: Craig Paulsen