Through a key partner, we are able to provide our clients with software side services including system architecture, applications, drivers, BIOS, embedded firmware for Windows, as well as Linux and custom controller platforms. We are experienced with microcode, drivers, firmware and application software over a wide variety of system, FPGA and CPU architectures.
- Software EDS (Engineering Design Specification) Authoring
- Lightweight specification
- Basic Block diagram and interface description
- Overview of firmware architecture and commands
- Summary of tool chain and instructions for building firmware
- uController Coding
- Integrate pre-coded bootloader (if any)
- Implementation of status, charging, motor control, power control and IO functionality
- On-Site assistance during HW bring-up
- Design Bringup – System and testing
- Provide basic POST
Recent technologies implemented include:
- RS-232, parallel, IRDA
- Intel, AMD, VIA and NVIDIA I/O subsystems.
- Freescale, Motorola, TI and other custom SOC’s
Recent projects include:
- Electric vehicle internal battery charge controller and J1772 vehicle charger.
- Zigbee based solar panel monitor.
- System architecture for multiprocessor systems control, system chipsets and embedded systems.
- Reset/Boot firmware and system BIOS development, including LinuxBIOS/OpenBIOS, Redboot, Coboot Open Embedded, Phoenix, Insyde and AMI system BIOSs.
- Linux embedded system ports on several platforms and vendors architectures. OpenEmbedded, Android and custom distributions.
- Video, SPI, Flash, Video, touch panel, digitizer device drivers for Linux and Windows.
- User interface and embedded development for security device software.
- Processor experience with X86, ARM, MIPS, Sparc, 8051, PIC and others.
- Device experience includes USB, I2C/SMBUS, 802.11, GPS, RS-232, graphics controllers, Ethernet, Intel, AMD, TI, Freescale, Nvidia and others
- 8051 firmware for system management controller in multi-processor cluster.
- ACPI controllers and ASL.